The kitchen is the heart of your Vancouver home and it’s one of the most important spaces. When you’re ready to embark on a Vancouver home renovation, there are many different things to consider. Your budget, the style you want, what size space will work best for your family – these are all factors in determining which Vancouver kitchen renovation project is right for you. The following blog post will explore some of the top trends in Vancouver kitchens as well as provide 5 reasons why now may be a good time to do a Vancouver kitchen renovation before your house sells!
Top trends in kitchen designs for Vancouver homes
When it comes to designing your dream kitchen, there are many different factors that need to be considered. The top trends in kitchens for 2019 include:
- Integration with the dining space and living room (counter stools or bar chairs vs. wall benches at a formal table)
- Open floor plans (one large open space as opposed to smaller separate rooms)
- Sleek and minimalist design (fewer decorations, pops of color coming from appliances or backsplashes)
- Natural materials and textures (wooden cabinets, marble countertops, subway tiles)
- Technology integration (smart appliances, built-in wine coolers, USB charging ports)
Where to get help with kitchen renovation
If you’re considering a Vancouver home renovation, it’s important that you have access to the best resources. These are just some of the top places where homeowners can find information on local renovations:
- Top Renovations (a popular website for finding everything from ratings and reviews on contractors in your area to calculators for budgeting your renovation)
- Houzz (a website and app with a huge library of design ideas as well as photos and articles on home renovations)
- Home Depot Canada (a large retailer that offers advice and tutorials on many DIY projects, including kitchen renovations)
The Pros of Doing a Kitchen Renovation Before Your House Sells
There are several reasons why doing a kitchen renovation before your house sells may be a good idea:
- You get to choose the design and materials that you want (rather than having to work with what’s already been installed in the home)
- A full kitchen renovation can often be completed in less than two weeks
- There are many Vancouver home renovations that can be completed without needing to hire a contractor, saving homeowners money on renovation costs
Kitchen Renovation Costs. How Much Does It Run?
The average cost of a kitchen renovation in Vancouver is around $45 per square foot – with the most expensive parts being kitchens featuring high end appliances and cabinetry. When it comes to planning your budget, remember that not all renovations are created equal – some projects may take only a few days while others could last for months.
5 ways to create an inviting and cozy space in a kitchen with high ceilings
- Use lots of natural light: Installing windows in your Vancouver home’s kitchen is a great way to make the space seem brighter and more inviting.
- Incorporate color into other spaces, such as the living room or dining area: If you have high ceilings, paint colors can play an important role in creating coziness within your kitchen.
- Mix decorative items with more modern designs: If you have a high ceiling in your Vancouver home, there are many ways to make it feel cozy and inviting by incorporating natural materials such as wood or marble along with sleek modern appliances.
- Use lighting that’s dimmable: Using dimmers on overhead lights is another way of adding warmth and intimacy to your high ceiling kitchen.
- Install a kitchen island: A kitchen island is a great way to make the most of a large space, and can also provide extra storage and seating.
Do you have any questions about designing your dream kitchen? Leave them in the comments below!
Designing Your Dream Kitchen: